Hey there! This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a teensy commission from qualifying purchases when you buy through these links (at no additional cost to you). For more info, please check the full disclaimer.
Fact: Losing weight quickly can be hard. But not if you have a set of perfect exercises for weight loss in your plan.
Luckily, we have a whole fat-shredding workout plan sorted out for you!
Let me ask you this:
- Are you tired of seeing those old beautiful ill-fitting clothes gathering dust in your wardrobe?
- Are you interested in basking under the sun on a warm day without worrying about love handles?
- Do you have an upcoming wedding or special event that you need to get fit for?
- Or do you simply wish to get in shape without going to the gym?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then my friend, you’re at the right place.
In today’s article, you’ll find 10 amazing weight loss exercises at home that suit beginners who wish to become slimmer in the next few weeks.
The best part is you don’t even need any “gym equipment” for it!
So let’s get started.
Quick Navigation Hide
- How to Select a Good Workout Plan for Weight Loss?
- What is the Best Time to Workout for Weight Loss?
- List of Best Beginner Exercises for Weight Loss
How to Select a Good Workout Plan for Weight Loss?
Before you start working out, you need to learn how to choose a proper workout regime for weight loss that will suit your health goals.
For that, you’ll need to consider several factors. Such as:
- Your food choice: You cannot eat fatty meals if you want your exercises for weight loss to be effective. You won’t be able to burn calories if you eat oily junk at the same time. Begin eating a healthy diet — include more fat-less, nutritious foods.
- Stick to a routine: You will need to consistently workout for 3-5 days if you want to see results. Find the best time to do your exercises for weight loss every day and stick to it.
- Always warm-up before workout: Warm-up exercises before starting your daily routine are extremely important. It prepares your muscles for a strenuous weight loss workout and prevents any injuries.
- Rest between each exercise: Resting between sets/reps is necessary to prevent muscle soreness and reenergizing the muscle cells. I recommend resting for 15 seconds before starting a new pose.
What is the Best Time to Workout for Weight Loss?
You might also be wondering what’s the best time to do weight loss exercises.
Ideally, morning is the best for your daily fitness routine. You’re pretty fresh and active at the start of the day. Morning exercises for weight loss also show incredible results — your performance level can reach its peak!
List of Best Beginner Exercises for Weight Loss
Now it’s time for you to try this short and simple beginner weight loss exercise routine at home.
I’ve included various easy poses that will help build upper body muscles and encourage fat-shredding within weeks!
Also, you won’t have to worry about getting random gym equipment for this weight loss workout.
Let’s get started.
Do 20-30 seconds of:
- Side bends
- Active stretching
1. Walking Lunges
Walking lunges are one of the best beginner-friendly exercises for weight loss that help strengthen your leg muscles. This easy workout can be performed at home without any gym stuff!
Lunges are useful in toning thigh muscles and cutting the lower body fat. Go on and try this popular weight loss exercise at home.
Repetitions: 10-12 reps on each side
Sets: 2-3 sets
How to do the walking lunges:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-length apart.
- Keep your hands on your waist.
- Step forward with your right foot while lowering your left leg along.
- Your left knee should be touching the floor while your right thigh should be parallel to the floor.
- Stand up by pushing the right heel. Keep your torso straight and chest up.
- Do the same with the left leg.
Squats are commonly known to strengthen your core and build your abs. But did you know it’s also one of the best calorie-crushing exercises for weight loss?
It’s an effective exercise to lose thigh fat really fast. You’ll notice a clear difference in just a few days. Increased flexibility and improved physique are also some other benefits of squats.
But what if you’re new to weight loss workout routines?
No matter. Squats are the perfect way to become leaner in no time!
Repetitions: 12-15 reps
Sets: 3 sets
How to do the squats:
- Stand straight with your foot wider than your hip-width.
- Stretch your arms in front to add balance.
- Now lower your knees as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Do not bend your knees forward. Keep your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Once you reach this position, pause for a second and then push yourself back up.
3. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks is also among the top exercises for weight loss that are ideal for beginners. You can add this easy-to-do weight loss workout pose to your daily regime to lose extra fat within a few days.
They are popularly known to burn weight from all over the body. But the main focus is on cutting belly fat. It’s also an easy weight loss fitness exercise that improves your heart health.
Repetitions: 10 reps
Sets: 2 sets
How to do the jumping jacks:
- Stand straight with your feet closed and arms at your sides.
- Now slightly bend your knees and jump into the air. Spread your legs as you do so.
- Stretch your arms and move them above your head while you jump.
- You can also clap your hands in mid-air.
- Return to the starting position as you land on the floor.
- Repeat this movement.
4. Mountain Climber
Although it’s primarily a lower-body workout, the mountain climb pose is also one of the best beginner exercises for weight loss for women.
If you want to quickly lose weight from your arms and shoulders, go on and add it to your weight loss workout routine.
Repetition: 10-15 reps
Sets: 3-4 sets
How to do the mountain climber:
- Start with the standard pushup pose on a mat.
- Keep your arms straight and your legs extended.
- Bring one knee close to your chest while keeping your shoulders and feet in a straight line.
- Return the knee to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with the other knee.
Read More: 7-Minute Super Easy Abs Exercises for Women
5. Running in Place
As easy as it sounds, running in place exercise for weight loss reduces fat from the belly and lower body. It burns calories and boosts your cardiovascular health.
You can perform this simple weight loss exercise at home daily in the morning. No need for a treadmill or fancy gym equipment.
Repetitions: 30 reps
Sets: 2 sets
How to do the running in place:
- Stand upright with a straight torso.
- Lift your right leg and right arm at the same time.
- The right leg must be raised above the hip.
- Lower the right leg and arm back to the starting position.
- Without taking a pause, lift the left leg and left arm in the same manner.
- Repeat these alternate movements.
#weightloss #workout #home
Push-ups are one of the most popular full-body exercises for weight loss.
This is an easy workout for beginners to quickly lose weight and burn extra fat from shoulders and arms. It also helps develop abs and get rid of belly fat.
This upper body exercise for weight loss is more effective than bicep curls because numerous muscles are simultaneously working together.
Repetitions: 10 reps
Sets: 3 sets
How to do the push-ups:
- Get down on your legs and arms.
- Keep them stretched and straight.
- Your arms must be placed wider than your shoulder-length.
- By pressing on your palms and bending your elbows lower down your chest until it nearly touches the floor.
- Pause for a mini-second.
- Push yourself back to the starting positions.
- This is one repetition.
Planking is among the most effective beginner exercises for weight loss.
This calorie-burner pose engages multiple muscles and joints. The compound movement helps shed fat from every part of your body.
You can do this weight loss exercise easily at home without needing any external equipment. The steps may be easy but enduring them is a grinding task.
Time duration: 45 seconds
How to do the plank:
- Start with the standard pushup position.
- Now place your forearms on the floor so that they are parallel to it.
- Your elbows must be shoulder-width apart.
- Your feet must be in-line with your shoulders.
- Hold this position.
Situps are kinda similar to crunches. I recommend situps workout for weight loss to all beginners who want to get slim.
Shredding extra fat ain’t so tricky anymore, ladies. All you have to do is add this easy exercise for weight loss to your daily workout!
Repetitions: 12-16 reps
Sets: 2-3 sets
How to do the situps:
- Lie down on a mat. You must be supine or lying on your back.
- Place your fingers behind your ears.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor for stabilization.
- Now curl your upper body towards your knees.
- Pause for a second and return to the initial position.
- Repeat this movement.
9. Arm+Leg Raise
This is yet another one of the most enjoyable exercises for weight loss all beginners should try.
It’s an easy workout pose for losing weight naturally at home. After just a few weeks of this pose, you’ll notice a significant drop in fat from the belly, thighs, shoulders, and hips.
I’d definitely recommend this pose to anyone who has a sedentary lifestyle.
Sets: 3 sets
How to do the arm+leg raise:
- Get down on your arms and legs.
- Your shoulders must be vertical to your wrists.
- Raise your right arm at the level of your shoulder and raise your left leg with it.
- The left leg must be raised to the level of the hip without rotating the hip.
- Hold this position for a second.
- Lower your respective arm and leg.
- Do the alternate movement with the left arm and right leg.
10. Elbow-to-Knee Touch
The last pose in our beginner’s workout plan for weight loss is elbow-to-knee touch exercise. It’s among the most incredible fat-burning exercises for weight loss that targets tummy, thighs, and hips.
Repetitions: 8-12 reps
Sets: 2 sets
How to do elbow-to-knee touch:
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Extend your elbows on your sides by keeping your fingers behind your ears.
- Raise your right knee and try to touch your left elbow with it.
- Lower the knee after a tiny pause.
- Raise the left knee and try to touch the alternate elbow.
- Repeat these movements.
So what do you think of this 10-step beginner-friendly weight loss workout plan that I designed for you? Pretty awesome, eh? It’s great for newbies and those who have limited time on their hands.
Which beginner-friendly exercise helps you the most to lose weight? Share with me in the comments.